Is there anything more satisfying than a loaded tray of nachos, still hot from the oven? They are the PERFECT game day food and they couldn't be any easier to make! This recipe is foolproof and sure to be delicious, but feel free to mix and match with your favorite ingredients.
For the Nachos
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 kg ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning kosher salt
- 1 tbsp can refried beans
- 250 ml water
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 500 g shredded cheddar
- 1 pickled jalapeños
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 100 g thinly sliced green onions
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Hot sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a large baking sheet with foil. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes more. Drain fat.
- Add garlic and taco seasoning and season with salt. Cook until meat is well browned and slightly crispy, 5 minutes more. Add refried beans and water to skillet and stir until combined.
- Add half the tortilla chips and top with beef-bean mixture, half the cheese, half the black beans, and half the pickled jalapeños. Repeat one more layer.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
- Scatter with tomato, avocado, and green onions. Drizzle with sour cream and hot sauce and devour.